Who hasn’t been the unwitting victim of autocorrect when it comes to text messaging? By victim, of course, I am referring to those unfortunate moments when, instead of delivering the “correct” text, you delivered something very wrong!
Or, how about when you think your email said just exactly what you wanted it to, but because you neglected to give it a once over, you mistakenly sent something much more insulting than intended?
Let’s face it – it’s important to check our work before we hit send!
No matter who we are, it’s important to take the time to review our work before submitting it. This is especially true for text messaging, emails, and any professional deliverables where a single mistake can have a big – bad – impact!
Here are five key tips for reviewing your work and delivering excellent results:
- Read it aloud. This is a great way to catch errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation. It also helps you to identify any areas that are unclear or need more explanation.
- Take a break. After you’ve finished writing, step away from your work for a few minutes or even an hour. This will give you some distance and help you to see your work with fresh eyes.
- Ask someone else to review it. This is a great way to get a second opinion and catch any errors that you may have missed.
- Proofread carefully. This is the final step before submitting your work. Make sure to check for all of the usual errors, such as typos, grammatical mistakes, misspelled names, and factual errors.
- Don’t be afraid to make changes. If you find any errors after you’ve submitted your work, don’t be afraid to make changes. It’s better to fix an error than to let it go unnoticed.
By following these tips, you can be sure that your writing is error-free and ready to be submitted. This will help you to deliver excellent results and make a good impression on your contacts, colleagues and clients.