It’s finally arrived! Thursday, September 29th, marks National Coffee Day! This year, I’ve decided to commandeer the day and rename it National Networking Day! Will you join me?
Once again, instead of celebrating “coffee” the noun only, we’ll also celebrate “coffee” the verb by getting together with someone in a relationship building capacity. Who will you invite?
- Identify a person with whom you would like to connect or reconnect.
- Right now, shoot him/her an invitation to coffee on Thursday.
- Meet up!
In honor of National Coffee Day, many national purveyors of coffee (may vary by location) are offering special deals on coffee. Here are a few I am aware of (please add to the list by leaving a comment at CoffeeLunchCoffee.com):
- Dunkin Donuts (medium cup of coffee for 66 cents – to celebrate 66 years in the biz)
- Krispy Kreme (free coffee and glazed donut)
- LaMar’s Donuts (purchase a 16 oz. travel mug – LaMar’s will fill it with coffee for free)
- Others… though I have not been able to confirm their offers, rumor has it you can also find specials at the likes of Caribou Coffee, McDonald’s, QuikTrip and Seven-Eleven.
And, as ever, Coffee Lunch Coffee is offering a special, too… National Coffee Day always marks the anniversary of the publication of my Coffee Lunch Coffee: A Practical Field Guide for Master Networking. If you don’t already have a copy, now’s your chance. If you already own one, please consider gifting a copy! For every copy of CLC you purchase directly from my website this week (through and including September 30, 2016), I will throw in a FREE copy of my minibook, Coffee Lunch Coffee: 5 Tips for Making the Most of Networking Events (a $5 value)! No coupon code necessary – I have you covered.
Happy National Coffee Day… I mean National Networking Day! Get out there and connect with someone. Enjoy!