Summer is a great time to explore your personal style while staying comfortable and professional. But with rising temperatures and endless options, it can be challenging to navigate the season’s wardrobe choices. As you think about what to wear, consider these five summer wardrobe essentials that every professional should have in their closet.
- Light-colored linen or cotton suits. Summer is the season of outdoor events, weddings, and business meetings. But wearing a heavy suit in the heat can make anyone feel uncomfortable. So, swap your dark-colored suits with lighter-colored options made from linen or cotton. Not only do they look chic and professional, but they’re also breathable and will keep you cool during the hottest days.
- Short-sleeve button-up shirts or polos. Short-sleeve button-up shirts and polos are the perfect way to stay cool and stylish in the office during the summer. They come in various colors, prints, and patterns, and they can be paired with trousers or skirts for a professional look. Opt for cotton or linen fabrics for maximum comfort.
- Comfortable sandals. Summer is the perfect time to show off your favorite pair of sandals. But for the office, it’s crucial to choose comfortable and professional-looking ones. Look for sandals made from leather or suede, with a low or medium heel, and in neutral colors like black, beige, or brown. Avoid flip-flops or sandals with too many embellishments, as they can look too casual for a professional setting.
- Lightweight blazers and cardigans. Blazers and cardigans are versatile items that can be worn in any season. But during summer, it’s essential to have lightweight options that won’t make you sweat. Look for pieces made from cotton or linen, in neutral colors like white, beige, or light blue. They can be paired with jeans, trousers, or dresses, for a polished and chic look.
- Breathable dresses. Women, dresses are the ultimate summer wardrobe staple. They’re easy to wear, comfortable, and can be dressed up or down. For the office, it’s essential to choose breathable fabrics like cotton, linen, or silk. Look for dresses that are knee-length or longer, with sleeves, and in neutral or muted colors. They can be paired with sandals or low heels for a professional look.
Your summer wardrobe essentials for professionals should be comfortable, professional-looking, and breathable. By investing in light-colored suits, short-sleeve button-up shirts, comfortable sandals, lightweight blazers, and breathable dresses, you’ll be ready for any professional or social event during the summer months.
Stay cool! Happy Networking!